Выпуск №41  |  19.10.2018  |  Издается с 1932 года

Обновленная кузница для Уралвагонзавода

4 650 000 осей – для железнодорожных вагонов и трамваев, для УВЗ и других предприятий, отечественных и зарубежных. Именно столько изготовили в кузнечном цехе № 1 на двух радиально-ковочных машинах за всю историю их использования. Теперь настало время дать этим РКМ вторую молодость.
РусскийEnglish
Карта сайта Обратная связь
You are here: Home Press center About the city of Nizhniy Tagil
About the city of Nizhny Tagil
 

Nizhny Tagil was legally founded in 1722.

Located 25 km east of the virtual border between Europe and Asia, in the Tagil Valley, which is how the town got its name.

Nizhny Tagil mining district was established in 1807 composed of Nizhnetagilskiy, Vyskiy, Nizhne-and Verkhne- Saldinskiy, Chernoistochinskiy, Visimo-Shaytanskiy, Visimo-Utkinskiy, Verkhne- and Nizhne-Layskiy plants owned by heirs of Nikolay Demidov.

Town status was granted to Nizhny Tagil by the decision of the Yekaterinburg Temporary Revolutionary Committee August 20, 1919.

1921-1924 Nizhny Tagil became the district center.

1924-1930 Nizhny Tagil – a center district.

Since 1931 Nizhny Tagil - a city of the oblast submission.

In 1938 Visim district with the center in the village Visim was detached from the Tagil district and the newly Petrokamensk district formed.

With decision No. 66 by Nizhny Tagil Council the Statute of the city of Nizhny Tagil was adopted  November 27, 1995. In 2006 were recognized flag and emblem of the city.

23 rural localities were included into structure of Nizhny Tagil since 2008.

The territory of the city increased from 298 to 4105,8 square kilometers.

As at 1 January 2013, Nizhny Tagil had 371,9 thousand inhabitants.

Within the framework of the administrative divisions, Nizhny Tagil serves as the administrative center of Prigorodny District, even though it is not a part of it. As an administrative division, it is, together with twenty-three rural localities, incorporated separately as the City of Nizhny Tagil—an administrative unit with the status equal to that of the districts. As a municipal division, the City of Nizhny Tagil is incorporated as Nizhny Tagil Urban Okrug.

The city is divided into three city districts: Leninsky, encompassing the city center and Nizhnetagilsky Pond; Tagilstroyevsky, a comparatively small section at the north part of town; and Dzerzhinsky, a sizable section to the east of the city center principally consisting of apartment buildings and other residences.

History

The history of Nizhny Tagil begins with the opening of the Vysokogorsky iron ore quarry in 1696. The deposits were particularly rich, and included lodes of pure magnetic iron. The surrounding landscape provided everything needed for a successful and productive mining and smelting operation — rivers for transport, forests for fuel, and suitable climate.

The city is built around Lisya Mountain extinct volcano. This mountain with a watch-tower on its top is a symbol of the city. Another mountain, Medved-Kamen, is located in the northern part of the city and is 100 meters (330 ft) high. High rock wall breaks into the Tagil River.

The city itself was legally founded in October 1722 among settlements connected to the construction of the Vyysky copper smelting plant, owned by Nikolay Demidov. Over the following decades, the city developed as one of the early centers of Russian industrialization, and it has been a major producer of cast iron and steel.

According to some sources, the copper for the skin of the Statue of Liberty was mined and refined in Nizhny Tagil.

Nizhny Tagil is a large industrial center of the Middle Urals. Such highly power-intensive industries as ferrous metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, and metal working are well-developed in the city. A total of 606 manufacturing companies operate in Nizhny Tagil.

Nizhny Tagil Iron and Steel Plant (Nizhnetagilsky Metallurgichesky Kombinat, NTMK) is a leading Russian steel company.

Uralvagonzavod (UVZ) is well known in Russia as the main producer of modern tanks and railway transports on the territory of the former Soviet Union and Russia. It is the largest main battle tank manufacturer in the world. The T-72, T-90, and T-95 are produced in the city.

Nizhny Tagil is one of centers of exhibition activity in the Middle Urals. Nizhny Tagil Institute of Metals Testing was the host of the international exhibitions such as Ural Expo Arms / Russian Expo Arms, Russian Defense Expo (2001 and 2002).

Culture

Demidovs' initiatives in the area of culture had a favorable influence on the development of Tagil community into the Urals' most important cultural center. In the 19th century, a library and the museum of natural history and antiquity were opened.

The first Russian steam locomotive was constructed there in 1833, and the father-and-son engineers who developed it, Ye. A. and M. Ye. Cherepanov , were in 1956 commemorated by an 8-meter (26 ft) bronze statue (executed by sculptor A. S. Kondratyev and architect A. V. Sotnikov) which stands in the center of the Theatrical Square in the heart of downtown.

Russia's first Bicycle was built by the bondman Artamonov from Tagil. The domestic machinery engineers-metallurgists  whose names took their place in the history:  Polenov, Grum-Grzhimailo and others.  Music dogcart by mechanic Egor Kuznetsov  are exhibited in the Hermitage. Nizhny Tagil is known for its decorative trays.

Nizhny Tagil has a wide network of 28 libraries servicing 75,000 readers every year. Tagil museums include the old regional history museum, the museum of Fine Arts, and a number of new museums opened in the 1990s: the museum of tray painting art, the museum of lifestyle and handicrafts representing the starting point of a new ethnographic complex.

The Demidov Park, a new cultural and historical project, is planned to be built in the city. Nizhny Tagil has been repeatedly chosen to host international Urals' Industrial Heritage conferences and workshops.

Nizhny Tagil theatrical life is represented by three professional theaters: the National D. N. Mamin-Sibiryak Academic Drama Theater, a puppet theater, community theaters, and the actor department of Nizhny Tagil College of Arts, which has been training actors and actresses for Nizhny Tagil and oblast scenes for two years.

A number of famous musicians studied in the Nizhny Tagil College of Arts, including Mikhail Kuritsky, a cellist, and Boris Levantovich, a pianist.

The city keeps its rich history and is confidently looking towards the future, while still being the pride and fame of the Ural and of the whole of Russia.